Images are eye catching, and used in the right way they can be entertaining, beautiful, emotive or hilarious.
But how can you actually take great images to use? Fortunately, you don’t have a professional photographer following you around snapping the perfects pics.
You do however have an iPhone or Android phone in your pocket ready to whip out at the speed of light to capture moments in time.
Here are a few tips and tricks to getting professional results from an iPhone:
- Steady your phone by tucking your elbows into your waist.
- Take photos with the volume button rather than tapping the screen and getting a shaky result.
- Hold down a spot on your viewfinder to lock focus.
- Turn off your flash and try to use natural light whenever possible.
- Keep your photos simple. Most people will view your content on their phones, so any small details will be lost.
- Mix it up by shooting from a lower perspective. Try looking up at your subject with your iPhone and take a photo with nothing but sky in the background.
- Shoot from the level of your subject. Try this when taking photos of animals or children. Get down to their level and don’t be afraid to get close.
You don’t need a fancy camera to take fancy photos, just follow these rules and give it a shot.